[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Help understanding ManagedConnectionPool Behaviour

dmeeuwis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 14:48:28 EDT 2007

We're using JBoss 4, and we're having some trouble with excessive database connections being made by JBoss's ManagedConnectionPool. From OpenNMS, our monitoring software, we can usually see the number of connections held in the connection pool by each node in our cluster, and the number in active use. We're seeing a lot of connections being grabbed by JBoss nodes in sudden spikes, but few to none being actively used, and it's a little puzzling.

Does anyone know, when does JBoss open new database connections in it's pool? What algorithm does it use? Is it always in direct response to real usage? Does anyone have links to pages that describe JBoss's approach?

Thanks for any help!
David M.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027302#4027302

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027302