[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: What's wrong with this components.xml / persistence.xml

mlh496 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 17:25:57 EDT 2007

I believe my jboss-beans.xml, persistence.xml and components.xml files are correct.  I now receive the following error:

javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Cannot get value for expression '#{usersList.firstResult}'
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:402)
  | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: EntityManagerFactory not found in JNDI
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.core.ManagedPersistenceContext.getEntityManagerFactoryFromJndiOrValueBinding(ManagedPersistenceContext.java:140)
  |
  | Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: omegaDatasource not bound
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)

Here is my components.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <components xmlns="http://jboss.com/products/seam/components"
  |             xmlns:core="http://jboss.com/products/seam/core"
  |             xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |             xsi:schemaLocation=
  |             "http://jboss.com/products/seam/core
  |             http://jboss.com/products/seam/core-1.1.xsd
  |             http://jboss.com/products/seam/components
  | http://jboss.com/products/seam/components-1.1.xsd">
  |
  |     <core:init jndi-pattern="#{ejbName}/local" debug="true"/>
  |
  |     <core:manager conversation-timeout="120000"/>
  |
  |     <core:managed-persistence-context name="entityManager"
  |                                       persistence-unit-jndi-name="java:/omegaDatasource"
  |                                       auto-create="true"/>
  |

  |     <core:ejb installed="true"/>
  |
  | </components>

It seems that I do need to have an entity-manager-factory node for this to work on Tomcat.  However, I have also noticed that if I take the 2 beans in my jboss-beans.xml file and put them in the embedded-jboss-beams.xml file, then I have fewer problems.  However, according to the Seam documentation, this should not be necessary.

-Michael

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027344#4027344

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027344