[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: WAN Cluster setup

jokum do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 13 15:10:11 EDT 2007

Hi,

I dived into the code off the app server. This is the method from the org.jboss.ha.framework.server.HAPartitionImpl wich is crashing :
protected void verifyNodeIsUnique (Vector javaGroupIpAddresses) throws Exception
  |    {
  |       byte[] localUniqueName = this.localJGAddress.getAdditionalData();
  |       if (localUniqueName == null)
  |          log.warn("No additional information has been found in the JavaGroup address: " +
  |                   "make sure you are running with a correct version of JGroups and that the protocol " +
  |                   " you are using supports the 'additionalData' behaviour");
  |
  |       for (int i = 0; i < javaGroupIpAddresses.size(); i++)
  |       {
  |          IpAddress address = (IpAddress) javaGroupIpAddresses.elementAt(i);
  |          if (!address.equals(this.localJGAddress))
  |          {
  |             if (localUniqueName.equals(address.getAdditionalData()))
  |                throw new Exception ("Local node removed from cluster (" + this.localJGAddress + "): another node (" + address + ") publicizing the same name was already there");
  |          }
  |       }
  |    }

The bold line is the one causing the NPE. I suppose the localUniqueName variable is null. What could be wrong in my setup?

Please help me. I have to be sure this setup is working for next friday.

Johan,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027648#4027648

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027648