[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Switching to Sybase Database in JBoss Portal

eabarquez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 03:16:36 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I am trying to switch the database of my JBoss Portal installation to Sybase. I followed the directions in the reference guide on how to switch database, i.e.:

1. Place the connectors in the "[JBOSS_HOME]\server\default\lib" folder.

2. Add a "portal-sybase-ds.xml" datasource file and place it in the "deploy" folder. The file is shown below.

3. Remove the "portal-hsqldb-ds.xml" in the "deploy" folder to avoid conflict in the new datasource.

4. Change the dialect to "org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseDialect" of the different "hibernate.cfg.xml" files found in the "jboss-portal.sar" folder to force the DB dialect to Sybase.

When I run the server, the tables are being created accordingly. However, it throws the exception shown below. I also cannot navigate to the portal page. Is there anything I am missing out in the process?

I am using the server that is bundled with the zip file that I downloaded in the JBoss Portal site. Here are my specifications:

JBOSS: jboss-portal-2.6-ALPHA2
OS: Windows XP

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027829#4027829