[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Inserting Oracle optimizer hints into queries

warmachine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 11:47:20 EDT 2007

I have two JBossQL queries, one dynamic, that searches a huge Oracle table.  Obviously, I use indices but the Oracle SQL optimizer thinks it's better to do a full table scan than use these indices.  I kid you not.  Tests demonstrate it's the worst plan.

Rather than messing around the optimizer, which will degrade other queries, it'll be better to insert an optimizer hint, such as /*+ RULES */ into the generated SQL and override the brain damage.  However, I can't generate SQL, JBoss is doing that for me from the JBossQL.  Is there anyway I can get something inserted into generated SQL queries?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027994#4027994

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027994