[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Provide CRUD access to CMS repository without access to Admi

sjewett do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 15:51:57 EDT 2007

Hi All -

We're running:

JBoss Portal 2.4.1 SP1
JBoss AS 4.0.4 GA
RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 ES
Oracle 9i

For a small group of users, I would like to provide access to the CMS repository so they can manage their own content.  However, I don't want them to access the Admin portlet (create pages, portlets, users, roles, security, themes, etc.).  I have created a new role and a new user.  I made the new user a member of the new role.  I created a new page and placed the CMS portlet on the page.  When I log in as that user and go to my new page - it reads "Access Denied" in the CMS portlet window.  If I make the new user a member of Administrator role - then he has access to the CMS repository, but everything else as well.

Is there a way to do this?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!
-sjewett

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028143#4028143