[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - FacesMessages in SeamSpace example

zzztimbo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 18:02:01 EDT 2007

I'm looking at the SeamSpace example and there is one line in  RegisterAction.java that I have questions about.

  FacesMessages.instance().add("confirmPassword", "Passwords do not match");

When I purposefully input in different passwords in the registration screen, I get "confirmPassword" in red, up top, instead my expectation of "Passwords do not match" in the area adjacent to the confirm password field.

What is the proper behavior? Is it possible to send a message to a specific form field instead of a global message?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028178#4028178

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028178