[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Having trouble using JSTL

Glissy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 22:50:49 EDT 2007

I read a lot on the web that to use JSTL, all that you have to do is include something like this in your JSP:
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

In fact, here is a direct quote from the Jakarta documentation:

jakarta-taglibs-standard-1.1.2/doc/GettingStarted.html
Using the Standard Taglib libraries is simple; you simply need to import them into your JSP pages using the taglib directive. For instance, to import the 'core' JSTL library into your page, you would include the following line at the top of your JSP page, as follows:

    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

I have found out, however, that it is not so simple. I had to locate and include in my WAR the "jstl.jar" and "standard.jar" files, as well as "c.tld", and make an entry in web.xml.

Now, after all of that is done, I still get an exception like this:

22:47:20,375 INFO  [STDOUT] org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class: org.apache.taglibs.xsl.ImportTEI

So, what else do I need to do? Does anyone have the complete list of steps necessary to use JSTL?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028224#4028224

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028224