[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to get Container properties

knuwu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 15 09:13:11 EDT 2007

Ok, perhaps I have to be more precise. The configuration properties I'm talking about do not belong to the seam configuration of components. I'm talking about application specific parameters controlling for examples the behaviour of business logic.

Example: A booking application stores all canceled booking requests in an archive. Requests older than a given number of days will be delete. So you want to configure the amout of days different for your development, test and production enviroment. And of cause the system administrator should be able to change the value while the system is running.

So it's not a good idea to store this kind of information to a configuration file inside your container. Otherwise you have to redeploy the application just for changing a value. On the other hand, this parameter is not changed often enough to justify storage in database with admin gui.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028351#4028351

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028351