[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Multiple persistence strategies in jbossMQ

bortx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 16 06:00:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to configure different persistence strategies for my JMS queues and topics in jboss 4.0.5. What I need to do is

configure null persistance for the logging topic, and database persistance for the application queue. I hace seen this post

in jboss forum

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&t=47828&op=viewtopic

and performed all the steps it says, but haven't made it to work.

These are the steps I have done:

1) Set up null-persistence-service.xml in deploy/jms. Change all object names so that they don't collide with the jdbc

persistence manager. That is, NullDestinationManager, NullMessageCache, and NullPersistenceManager. In this step I haven't

specified a CacheStore object, because it is not specified in null persistence configuration.

    <depends optional-attribute-name="MessageCache">jboss.mq:service=NullMessageCache
    <depends optional-attribute-name="PersistenceManager">jboss.mq:service=NullPersistenceManager
    <depends optional-attribute-name="StateManager">jboss.mq:service=StateManager

    50
    60
    jboss.mq:service=NullPersistenceManager

2) Create a 2nd invoker (NullInvoker) in jbossmq-service.xml that is a copy of the Invoker (with local versions of all

configured interceptors.) NullInvoker uses NullDestinationManager.

  <!-- Null Invoker -->

    <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=NullTracingInterceptor
    jboss:service=Naming

    org.jboss.mq.server.TracingInterceptor
    <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=NullSecurityManager

    java:/jaas/jbossmq
    <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=NullDestinationManager

3) Point jvm-il-service.xml at NullInvoker instead of Invoker.

    <depends optional-attribute-name="Invoker">jboss.mq:service=NullInvoker
    java:/ConnectionFactory
    java:/XAConnectionFactory
    0

4) Modify some of my local destinations to point at NullDestinationManager instead of DestinationManager.

    <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager
    <depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager
            topic/SomCDRLog

    <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=NullDestinationManager
    <!-- <depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=NullSecurityManager -->
   queue/SomExecutableQueue

Then, I'm getting errors starting jboss that say

javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: The destination TOPIC.LogginTopic does not exist !

I don't know what's going wrong, any help you can give me is appreciated.

Thank you!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028716#4028716

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028716