[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Multiple persistence strategies in jbossMQ

bortx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 16 06:34:34 EDT 2007

I'm so sorry, The text has wrong format. I post it again in order to be readable. Thank you.

1) Set up null-persistence-service.xml in deploy/jms. Change all object names so that they don't collide with the jdbc persistence manager. That is, NullDestinationManager, NullMessageCache, and NullPersistenceManager. In this step I haven't specified a CacheStore object, because it is not specified in null persistence configuration.

  | <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.DestinationManager" name="jboss.mq:service=NullDestinationManager">
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="MessageCache">jboss.mq:service=NullMessageCache</depends>
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="PersistenceManager">jboss.mq:service=NullPersistenceManager</depends>
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="StateManager">jboss.mq:service=StateManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>
  |
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.MessageCache"
  |              name="jboss.mq:service=NullMessageCache">
  |     <attribute name="HighMemoryMark">50</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="MaxMemoryMark">60</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="CacheStore">jboss.mq:service=NullPersistenceManager</attribute>
  |   </mbean>
  |
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.pm.none.PersistenceManager"
  |              name="jboss.mq:service=NullPersistenceManager">
  |   </mbean>

2) Create a 2nd invoker (NullInvoker) in jbossmq-service.xml that is a copy of the Invoker (with local versions of all configured interceptors.) NullInvoker uses NullDestinationManager.

  |   <!-- Null Invoker -->
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Invoker" name="jboss.mq:service=NullInvoker">
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=NullTracingInterceptor</depends>
  |     <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
  |   </mbean>
  |
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.InterceptorLoader" name="jboss.mq:service=NullTracingInterceptor">
  |     <attribute name="InterceptorClass">org.jboss.mq.server.TracingInterceptor</attribute>
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=NullSecurityManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>
  |
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.security.SecurityManager" name="jboss.mq:service=NullSecurityManager">
  |     <attribute name="DefaultSecurityConfig">
  |       <security>
  |         <role name="guest" read="true" write="true" create="true"/>
  |       </security>
  |     </attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SecurityDomain">java:/jaas/jbossmq</attribute>
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=NullDestinationManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>

3) Point jvm-il-service.xml at NullInvoker instead of Invoker.

  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.il.jvm.JVMServerILService"
  |              name="jboss.mq:service=InvocationLayer,type=JVM">
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="Invoker">jboss.mq:service=NullInvoker</depends>
  |     <attribute name="ConnectionFactoryJNDIRef">java:/ConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="XAConnectionFactoryJNDIRef">java:/XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="PingPeriod">0</attribute>
  |   </mbean>

4) Modify some of my local destinations to point at NullDestinationManager instead of DestinationManager.

  |  <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Topic"
  |              name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Topic,name=LogginTopic">
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager</depends>
  |             <attribute name="JNDIName">topic/SomCDRLog</attribute>
  |  </mbean>
  |
  |  <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  |              name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=ApplicationQueue">
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=NullDestinationManager</depends>
  |     <!-- <depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=NullSecurityManager</depends> -->
  |    <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/SomExecutableQueue
  |  </attribute>
  |  </mbean>

Then, I'm getting errors starting jboss that say

javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: The destination TOPIC.LogginTopic does not exist !

I don't know what's going wrong, any help you can give me is appreciated.

Thank you!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028728#4028728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028728