[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - SuggestionBox + h:inputText + entityConverter

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 16 18:22:22 EDT 2007

I'm a bit stuck on how best to use the Richfaces Suggestion box with an EntityConverter.

I'd like to use it in a similar fashion to the s:selectItem - in that it sets a field value to an entity (eg. setting CITY in PERSON) while displaying a label (eg. CITY.CITYNAME).

The SuggestionBox returns it's value to an h:inputText. I've tried using the converter attribute of that and setting it to org.jboss.seam.EntityConverter. This doesn't work. The input box contains a value representing the entity (eg. com.something.somethingElse.City at 798ef6) and when I save it a validation error is thrown "Selected item cannot be loaded from persistence context"

Thanks in advance,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028966#4028966

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028966