[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - NoClassDefFoundError exception related to filter

LidiaEmma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 19 06:59:24 EDT 2007

Hello everybody :)
I deployed a portal on Jboss Portal Server, and all works fine.

Now I have to integrate a filter, to change login mechanism, using libraries developed by other people.
I specified filter mapping in %jboss_home%\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\conf\web.xml and deployed libraries in %jboss_home%\lib folder .
When starting Jboss, I get following exception:

11:34:08,937 ERROR [[/invoker]] Exception starting filter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: <class inside filter library>

(of course replace name between <> with name of filter software)
The class which is not found is inside filter library, placed in %jboss_home%\lib folder and also in other lib folder of jboss portal, but it seems somewhere is not found.
Its developers also told me that in JBoss (not portal) their filter worked correctly, so I think there is something wrong in my JBossPortal configuration.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029257#4029257

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029257