[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Stale Connection issue in Clustering

subramaniam.venkat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 19 11:17:30 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am using JBoss-4.0.3-SP1. I am using oracle thin driver to connect to my oracle database. My oracle database is running on a cluster enviroment and therefore when there is a ip failover the oracle also switches nodes.

When connecting to the oracle database i am using the Cluster IP address and there is a listerner which connects to the oracle on the node which is active.

But during this when there is node switch then the tcp connections are broken.

When i am trying get a database connection using my datasource i am always getting an error that the oracle is not responding but actually it has switched nodes.

I would like to know whether the concept of stale connection is supported in JBoss-4.0.3-sp1 if so what should i being doing to use that functionality.

Any help is very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Subramaniam V

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029345#4029345