[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Dynamic navigation with partial page rendering

hispeedsurfer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 19 12:39:19 EDT 2007

Hi,

I know a4j and richfaces. I want to build a dynamic menu with rich:panelBar and <rich:panelBarItem. Every time a commandLink inside the panelBarItem is clicked only the desired content should be rerendert.

My site is greated in classic style with header, menu on west-side and the center content.
main.xhtml

  | 	<h:panelGroup id="dritter">
  | 		<ui:include src="#{pagecontent.mySite}" />
  | 	</h:panelGroup>
navigation.xhtml

  | <h:form>
  | 	<rich:panelBar height="300" id="panelbar" width="160">
  | 	  	<rich:panelBarItem binding="#{pagecontent.myBarItem}" id="sf" label="Sonderfreigaben">
  | 	  	</rich:panelBarItem>
  | 	 </rich:panelBar>
  | </h:form>

from PageContentBean.java  the find method

  | public void find(ActionEvent event){
  | 		HtmlPanelBarItem modBarItem = (HtmlPanelBarItem)myBarItem;
  | 		mySite = "usereditor.xhtml";
  | 	}

After pressed button the usereditor page is display but the whole site is rerendert not only the center content.

Is there a gap in my mind?

Please, can someone tell me what is to do get this correctly working. An example would be helpful.

I hope it was not to difficult to understand (non native speaker, sorry)

Thanks
Andi

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029381#4029381

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029381