[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Bundle jars within EAR?

asack do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 09:19:21 EDT 2007

"oskar.carlstedt" wrote : Hi All!!

  | Thanks for all replies. I think it is very important to "solve" this classloader inheritance issue, especially in isolated mode. AFAIK in Apache Tomcat it is possible to "override" jars in the libs folder when deploying a war file. Why can't I do this in JBoss?

Because the servlet spec covers this exact behavior.  In fact, in the spec, the classloader MUST look at WEB-INF/lib FIRST.  I really don't understand why this is so dubiously defined in the Java EE spec.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029769#4029769

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029769