[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam jBPM: use annotation or pages.xml to get next task?

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 12:17:53 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : I need to show an actor a list of all owned processes,

Define "owned". AFAIK, jBPM processes are not "owned" by an actor.

If you mean all processes for which the actor has an open task, you can write a query to do this using:

jbpmContext.getSession().createQuery(....)

If you guys think that this is important enough, I can easily add a built-in component that does this, but its the first time I've heard of someone wanting that, and since it is not a built-in feature of jBPM, I guess it is also not often wanted there...

In general, theres lots of different "lists of processes" that applications might want, so its best to write your own components for those (trivial, of course).

Clicking on a process instance and having that automatically associated with the conversation is possible using @ResumeProcess.

allowing the actor to click a button to get to the current task within that process

But there may be multiple tasks in a process! So this is not welldefined. You can get them all using:

processInstance.getTaskMgmtInstance().getTaskInstances()

Again, if you guys think it is important enough, I can add a "taskInstances" built-in component which gives you all the open tasks for the current process. But until now I did not know that this was so useful.

anonymous wrote : When clicking, a view that is applicable for that specific task will be shown, and this view might refer to some specific actions.

This part is trivial, right? Just like in the examples...

anonymous wrote : Alternatively just a list of the current tasks would do as well

Surely this alternative is better?? "owned processes" and "current task for a process" are not welldefined in jBPM, but "assigned tasks" is. This is what Seam is set up to support.

anonymous wrote : just as long as clicking the button allows me to show some task-specific view.

This is exactly what the examples do, right?

I don't really follow the rest of your post.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029860#4029860

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029860