[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam jBPM: use annotation or pages.xml to get next task?

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 15:15:22 EDT 2007

"petemuir" wrote : I prefer to navigate to another page, and let that page set itself up (pages.xml or @Create) - fits the pages.xml style better imo.
...and earlier you wrote:
"petemuir" wrote : I worked around this by extending task instance, and adding a viewId property.  Then, in the startTask action method, I just returned that viewId as the place to go.

And after that, Gavin gave his solution using some TaskSelector simply returning the taskname, to be used in navigation rules. Gavin's idea does not require additional information in the process definition XML itself. But that might not be such a huge advantage at all: the jPDL XSD often accepts xsd:any, so probably allows for you additional viewId attribute without any changes. And one might also add Seam EL in the process definition, which makes them Seam-specific as well.

So: are you saying you prefer your solution, or Gavin's, or would you like some other enhancements to make things even be better?

Arjan.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029956#4029956

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029956