[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Url : how to define MyPortal as the default portal.

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 21 04:51:46 EDT 2007

Hello,

I want to have url like :
http://localhost:8080/mycontextroot/myportalobjcommandprefix/mydefaultportal ...

instead of http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/default

I have changed the "mycontextroot/myportalobjcommandprefix/". That's ok.

The question is : Is there a way to define the "default portal", to mydefaultportal ?
the one return by PortalObjectImpl.getDefaultChild()

The default portal is defined in : \deploy\jboss-portal.sar\conf\data\default-object.xml

but... when I change the name of this portal, in this file, I get an exception :
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: Default portal does not exist
  |         at org.jboss.portal.core.model.portal.DefaultPortalCommandFactory.doMapping(DefaultPortalCommandFactory.java:76)
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

just changing the name, nothing else, empty the portal object table in db... and retry : http://localhost:8080/mycontextroot/

It seems that the name of the default portal is hard coded ?

Any idea about this ?

Shall I open a Jira to have the feature of defining the name of the default portal ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030141#4030141

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030141