[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Timeout parameter - can I specify timeout per request?

login4jbr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 21 19:37:35 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have noticed a strange behavior with respect to timeouts. The timeout parameter works fine when the server is accessible to the client through the network. However, if this is not the case (for example if the server is shut down or the network cable is unplugged), the timeout parameter does not seem to work. The invocation hangs for a long time (around 11 minutes in my machine) and it is only after this long period that I get an exception (even if my timeout is configured for a shorter period).

Is there any way to avoid this situation? Or does anybody know of a way to abort the remote call after a certain period of time?

Thank you very much.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030417#4030417

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030417