[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam jBPM: use annotation or pages.xml to get next task?

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 22 07:19:04 EDT 2007

oic, sorry, I misread what you are doing.

You should be able to wrap all this up on a page action - something like

TaskFinder
public String autoStart() {
  |    TaskInstance taskInstance = getSingleTaskInstance();
  |    if (taskInstance != null) {
  |       // Associate the task and process
  |       BusinessProcess.instance().resumeTask(taskInstance.getId());
  |       // As long as you have an Actor set up, call this to actually mark the task started
  |       BusinessProcess.instance().startTask();
  |       return taskInstance.getName();
  |    }
  |    return null;
  | }

Then wire it up

<page view-id="/assignTask.xhtml" action="#{taskFinder.autoStart()}">

And then in assignTask.xhtml you would have a manual task selector which would be reached if the autoStart returned null; if it didn't you would start the task and get redirected.  Make the @CreateProcess method navigate you to assignTask.xhtml

In fact, can you create a JIRA issue for both a task selector and a way of auto-starting tasks - we can probably wrap it up in @CreateProcess / create-process in pages.xml

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030577#4030577

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030577