[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Securing Portlet Modes

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 22 17:55:13 EDT 2007

By rendering class, it means :
the class that is in charge of the rendering, like divRendering.

you may also look at the LayoutStragegy (I think this is the exact name of the class).
in 2.4.1 PS1 there is this added feature :
* [JBPORTAL-823] - Access to Portlet Action Request in LayoutStragegy

see : http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=471406&group_id=22866
then, you have the portlet mode and the principal, to apply your policy.

You can find the descriptor about using thoses class there :
\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-core.war\WEB-INF\layout

A good way to do all this about layout :
 - copy all the layout things (see doc) in your own MyPortalLayout.war project
 - modify things (overidding class, build your own class, modifying the descriptor for your own layout
 - package the war and deploy it appart
 - in your portal descriptor, set your portal to this layout
 - this way, you have a war responsible for layout. And only this. Clean.

This way, it is your own layout, and you can work on it, and redeploy (hot deploy) many times... without modifying jboss portal things, without redeploying all the portal core.

after, you can comment things in the jboss portal delivered layout, to avoid  to have them loaded in the system for nothing (as you don't use anymore these layout).

The minimum : modify the edit method.... write a message saying the user can't do that.
and yes, you will have to...
If you use some portlet written by other (forum ?, CMSPortlet....) then, it is open source : overide the class, or rewrite things...

it is difficult for me to tell more : I can tell "this here where to look at"... but I don't know by heart how to do it.

For tuning things, and makes several try and see : consider also sometime to empty the portal object tables in the database (server shutdowned before).
I have put a post with the sql script for this.
do that if things don't go the way you expect : sometime, it is good to restart the portal and make sure the database has not "old descriptions things in it".

Yes, it is not quick. But if you really want this feature.
and it is not big deal neither.

I have started with this too... good way to start and enter into customizing and build a portal.

as you want these kind of special feature : it is good to see how the layout works "inside". interesting things... and good to be aware of what is going on...

and again : not difficult... it just takes a little time.
I would say one or two days, may be four it you take time to wander around to understand all the layout process.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030851#4030851

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030851