[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: ServiceMBeanSupport in the Microcontainer world

genman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 22 18:51:07 EDT 2007

Having referred to the examples, there doesn't seem to be a very straightforward way to install MBeans, ala Spring's framework, which isn't very easy to read.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  | <deployment xmlns="urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0">
  |
  |    <bean name="MBeanServer" class="java.lang.Object">
  |       <constructor factoryClass="javax.management.MBeanServerFactory" factoryMethod="createMBeanServer"/>
  |    </bean>
  |
  |    <bean name="Repository" class="org.jboss.metadata.plugins.repository.basic.BasicMetaDataRepository"/>
  |
  |    <bean name="AspectManager" class="org.jboss.aop.AspectManager">
  |       <constructor factoryClass="org.jboss.aop.AspectManager" factoryMethod="instance"/>
  |    </bean>
  |
  |    <aop:lifecycle-configure xmlns:aop="urn:jboss:aop-beans:1.0"
  |                name="DependencyAdvice"
  |                class="org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.aspects.jmx.JMXLifecycleCallback"
  |                classes="@org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.aspects.jmx.JMX">
  |    </aop:lifecycle-configure>
  |
  |    <bean name="Bean" class="org.jboss.test.microcontainer.support.SimpleBeanImpl">
  |       <annotation>@org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.aspects.jmx.JMX(name="", exposedInterface=org.jboss.test.microcontainer.support.SimpleBean.class)</annotation>
  |    </bean>
  | </deployment>

The problem with this XML is it has quite a lot of low-level "commands" which are somewhat a separate concern from the bean deployment.

I want to make my deployment file easier to edit and read, perhaps more modular ... Is there a notion of <import>  in the bean deployer?

I have SVN access, would you support this sort of feature?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030877#4030877

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030877