[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Selectable linklist without <h:dataTable>

knuwu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 23 17:28:47 EDT 2007

I have a List of items stored in a session bean and i've created a link list on the page. When I click on the link, I want to transfer the underlying item to the action methode.

I used enhanced EL for that purpose, but the parameter of methode selectModule() is always 'null'.

  |   <ul>
  |     <c:forEach var="module" items="#{configSelector.moduleList}">
  |       <li><s:link value="#{module.name}"
  |                  action="#{configSelector.selectModule(module)}"/></li>
  |      </c:forEach>
  |   </ul>
  |

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("configSelector")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class ConfigurationSelectorImpl implements ConfigurationSelector {
  |
  |   @Logger private Log log;
  |
  |   private ArrayList<Module> moduleList = new ArrayList<Module>();
  |
  |   @Out(required=false)
  |   private Module selectedModule;
  |
  |   @SuppressWarnings("unused")
  |   @Create
  |   public void initModuleList() {
  |     moduleList.add(AdminModule.getInstance());
  |   }
  |
  |   public ArrayList<Module> getModuleList () {
  |     return this.moduleList;
  |   }
  |
  |   public void selectModule(Module pModule) {
  |     this.selectedModule = pModule;
  |     log.info("#0 selected", this.selectedModule.getName());
  |   }
  |
  |   @Destroy @Remove
  |   public void destroy() {}
  |
  | }

I can't use <h:dataTable> because I do not want to render the list in a table.

I'm surely missing something. Please help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031213#4031213

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031213