[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Email Function Error when running Jboss web applicaiton with

xijia_chen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 23 22:52:59 EDT 2007

Greeting....

I have a Java web applicaiton running on jboss
applicaiton server in linux environment.
I also run James for mail server.
The web application has an email function.
When I run it, it got the following error:
<----
MAIL FROM:<support at myapplicaitonDomain.com>
250 ok
RCPT TO:<myfirstname_lastname at yahoo.com>
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
DEBUG SMTP: Invalid Addresses
DEBUG SMTP: myfirstname_lastname at yahoo.com
DEBUG SMTP: Sending failed because of invalid
destination addresses
--->

In addition,
1. In the same environment, I run a stand alone Java
email application with James (i.e. without JBOSS), the
email function works fine.
2. In my local machine (Windows XP), I run the same
JBoss web application with James, the email function
works fine.
3. I am using james v 2.2.0, jboss 4.0.2.
4. myfirstname_lastname at yahoo.com is my real yahoo
email account.

Do I need configure jboss and/or james somewhere to
solve the problem?
Or I maybe miss something else.

Any advices are really appreciated!

Best,