[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Compliance of the EAR of the booking demo?

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 24 15:36:49 EDT 2007

Do not forget that this is completely broken too:

- you need a space separated list of values on an entry named "Class-Path:" in your WAR and EJB-JAR META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, with all the JARs these need

- you need to have a newline character after that line

- you need to have _some_ content in the line following this line, otherwise it is, at least in the J2EE 1.4 compatible JBoss AS 4.0, completely ignored

This last one did cost me one day. However, after treating a Seam application like that, it works just as well as with the Java client JAR list in application.xml. I thought it would be faster to deploy because the EJB3Deployer would not scan the MANIFEST.MF entries (it scans the Java modules of the EAR), but there was some new cryptic INFO message showing up after that indicating that is doing something special now to scan - which took just as long.

This is all a complete nightmare. Here is hope that we'll get the promised EAR/lib/ soon. Or better, can deploy everything in a WAR structure, EJBs and all.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031328#4031328

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031328