[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - problem with validation on selectitems

henderson_mk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 26 09:53:47 EDT 2007

Hiya,

Having some diffs getting validation working on a select item list.

  | <s:validateAll>
  |               <h:selectOneListbox  id="region" required="true" size="3" value="#{customer.region}" converter="GeographicalRegionConverter">
  |                 <f:selectItems value="#{selectItems.regions}" />
  |               </h:selectOneListbox> *
  | </s:validateAll>

backing bean:

  |     @OneToOne
  |     @NotNull(message="Please select a region")
  |     public GeographicalRegion getRegion() {return region;}
  |     public void setRegion(GeographicalRegion region) {this.region = region;}

but when I click through without setting a value... it just doesn't fire the validation.
I think I may be missing something silly...?
Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction?

thanks

marty

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031589#4031589

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031589