[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EL not working across facelet include params

jgilbert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 26 13:06:44 EDT 2007

I am getting the following exception:

  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.core.Expressions.getValidator(Expressions.java:198)

Here is the scenario. I am trying to decompose my facelets into multiple reusable fragments. For example:

EditPanel.xhtml

<h:panelGrid ...>
  | 	<h:outputLabel value="Code" for="code"/>
  | 	<s:decorate>
  | 		<h:inputText value="#{entity.code}" id="code"/>
  | 	</s:decorate>
  | </h:panelGrid>

I then do an include in various places such as:

<ui:include src="EditPanel.xhtml">
  | 	<ui:param name="entity" value="#{myentity}" />
  | </ui:include>

The edit panel retrieves the data properly using #{myentity.code} leveraging the entity param.
However, validation appears to ignore the param and uses #{entity.code} which returns null.

Shouldn't this work or is it a seam enhancement? Obviously I can refactor my facelets to get around this, but it would be nice to leverage all the feature of facelets.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031702#4031702

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031702