[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conceptual/Best Practice Question

msduk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 10:11:20 EDT 2007

I have home page view that displays a list of orders as a @DataModel. The user can customise the view via a drop list to display different versions of this data model. This therefore requires state to maintain the selection choice.

Users are also potentially altering the results viewable in the DataModel all over the place in the application. Obviously I need to refresh the view under these circumstances.

My thoughts so far -:

1) Observable type data pattern but cant see how I can integrate this nicely. Are there 'hooks' anywhere i can use inside seam/hibernate? Ok i realise this is a bit off topic.

2) Re-populate the data set on every view. How do I do this considering that I am using a DataModel? Currently I initalise the DataModel using a factory method.

3) Something I have not thought of...

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032043#4032043

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032043