[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Question on Stateless Session Bean

hasc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 10:58:28 EDT 2007

after a while i got this working.

@Stateless
  | @Name("building")
  | public class BuildingListAction implements BuildingList,Serializable{
  |
  | 	private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  | 	private List<BuildingType> objects;
  | 	Map<String,BuildingType> buildingsMap;
  |
  | 	@PersistenceContext
  |     EntityManager em;
  |
  | 	public Map<String,BuildingType> getBuildings()
  | 	{
  | 		objects = em.createQuery("select b from BuildingType b")
  |         .setHint("org.hibernate.cacheable", true)
  |         .getResultList();
  |
  | 	  Map<String,BuildingType> results = new TreeMap<String,BuildingType>();
  |
  | 	  for (BuildingType buildingtype: objects)
  | 	  {
  | 	  	results.put(buildingtype.getName(),buildingtype);
  | 	  }
  |
  | 	  buildingsMap = results;
  |
  | 		return buildingsMap;
  | 	}
  |
  |     public Converter getConverter()
  |     {
  |         return new BuildingTypeConverter(objects);
  |     }
  | }

im not familiar with ejb but this obviously leads to a query every time the method getBuildings() is called. My goal is to load the objects only once and then return a list every time the methos is called. Can somone help me with that or point me to an example or tutorial which describes that?

regards,
hasc

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032071#4032071

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032071