[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Trouble using JSTL

kreilly do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 12:21:37 EDT 2007

I'm having trouble getting JSTL to work in a portlet.  Here's my JSP:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c"%>

   View Mode <c:out value="${name}" />

And here's the output:

View Mode $name

The  tag is not recognizing the runtime expression.  I've checked and name is a string bound to the request (<%= request.getAttribute("name") %> will print the name), and the jstl libraries are in my WEB-INF/lib directory.  I know the taglib directive is being understood because I was getting an error message unil I put the libraries into my lib directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032111#4032111

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032111