[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam in a J2EE Environment

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 15:43:36 EDT 2007

I am new to Seam and have read quite a bit of material on the topic.  While I have been remarkably impressed with the brilliant work by Gavin and his team, I have yet to find a lot of of strong references that convey the power of Seam in a J2EE environment.  I think this is a big deficiency since I believe many developers will not have the luxury of utilizing the features of Java EE 5 (most notably EJB 3) for quite some time.

I would welcome any feedback on references that discuss Seam in the context of pure POJOs (and not just a small chapter at the back in an otherwise Java EE 5 dominated Seam book).  In the meantime, I have some specific questions:

1) Can I use AOP concepts to perform logging and exception handling?  I know that I can inject a Logger in Seam, but I would like to keep my business logic code free from logging code.  Is JBoss AOP an option here?

2) How can I inject an EJB 2.x EJB into a Seam-managed component?  I am thinking particularly about a web service SLSB that could be utilized by a Seam component.  This seems tough to me given that the container would have to do a JNDI lookup, generate a local interface to the web service, and inject it.

3) How can I decide which object implementation I inject into a component?  For example, if I have an interface called MyObject and two implementations classes called MyObjectImpl and MyObjectMock, how can I designate which one I inject depending on whether I am testing or whether I am in production.

Any help with any of these questions is very much appreciated.  Thank you very much.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032182#4032182

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032182