[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to link to page using level of indirection

henrik.lindberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 19:56:29 EDT 2007

Thanks awheeler - I tried the first but did not succeed.

And thanks for the page navigation-rule example. I got confused thinking that I needed to have from-action include parameter - but your example makes it clear, I just have to keep x from the call to virewForUpdate in the ViewSelector instance so I can pick it up again as a parameter. Understand how to make that work.

What I don't like about this solution is that it ads yet another place to configure the mapping.

What I ended up doing was this:

  | <h:outputLink value="#{x.type}-view.seam" >
  | 	<f:param name="oid" value="#{x.id}" />
  | 	#{x.name}
  | </h:outputLink>

Which naturally is far less elegant as it ties the view to the type (which I already had).
Will explore the page navigation rule approach sometimes later.

I would have loved to have this possibility directly available in s:link (i.e. ability to call method with parameter to set the value).

Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032253#4032253

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032253