[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Connection between servers through JNDI?

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 28 01:04:52 EDT 2007

Hi Claudia,

anonymous wrote :
  | I'm pleased to hear that you made the multiplex server invoker more robust

If you're interested in the multiplex transport for its ability to support callbacks with clients behind firewalls, you ought to take a look at the new bisocket transport.  The original motivation for multiplex was to satisfy the need of the JBoss Messaging group for a transport that could work in the presence of firewalls, but they didn't get around to using it in their 1.0 release.  By the time they got around to the issue for their 1.2 release, there was some feeling that multiplex wasn't really suitable, so I wrote bisocket as a replacement.  It's conceptually simpler, easier to configure, and should perform nearly as well as the socket transport, from which it derives most of its functionality.  There's a description in the Remoting documentation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032307#4032307

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032307