[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Redeploying application parts

steinrr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 28 12:27:51 EDT 2007

I have an application that consists of a war-file with some servlets in and an ear-file with some ejbs in. When deploying this initially, everything is OK. When I deploy a new version of the ear-file (with the ejbs in), the servlets from the war-file suddenly gets a classcastexception when doing PortableRemoteObjet.narrow. If I redeploy the web application - everything works OK.

I have printet .getClass().getName() and seen that it returns the correct JNDI-references so that should be OK.

Searching for an answer to this, I found the following in the Wiki:

"This can also be caused by you only redeploying part of your application. e.g. a webapp uses an EJB and you only redeploy the EJB. The webapp will still have the old versions of the classes."

Does this means that I have to redeploy all applications using the ejbs, when I redeploy the ear-file with the ejbs in? E.g. I will have to redeploy the web application war-file? Why is this and is there some way to avoid it? (It is unfortunately not an option to put the war-file into the ear-file)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032427#4032427

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032427