[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam and events (really dumb one)

viniciuscarvalho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 28 18:01:19 EDT 2007

Ok, this might the the dumbest question I've ever asked. But I'm really stuck on this.
I have other seam projects, (none using facelets tough) and they work fine.
So I have this project: I used seam-gen to create the artifacts. I have one simple SLSB

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("customerManager")
  | public class CustomerManagerBean implements CustomerManager {
  |
  | 	@In @Out
  | 	private Customer customer
  | 	@PersistenceContext(unitName="CustomerContext")
  | 	private EntityManager em;
  |
  | 	public String register() {
  | 		em.persist(customer);
  | 		return null;
  | 	}
  | }
  |
  | @Name("customer")
  | @Entity
  | public class Customer implements Serializable{
  | @NotNull
  | private String getName()...
  | }
  |
  | and finally my xhtml page:
  |
  | <ui:define name="content">
  | <h:form>
  | <h:messages globalOnly="true"/>
  | <s:decorate template="edit.xhtml">
  | <ui:define name="label">Name </ui:define> : <h:inputText value="#{customer.name}" size="15" required="true"/><br/>
  | </s:decorate>
  | <s:decorate template="edit.xhtml">
  | <ui:define name="label">Phone </ui:define>: <h:inputText value="#{customer.phone}" size="8"/><br/>
  | </s:decorate>
  | <h:commandButton type="submit" value="Register" action="#{customerManager.register}"/>
  | </h:form>
  | </ui:define>

As you can see, simpler is impossible. Hitting the Register command button does not trigger the method...
I'm really embarrassed of how could a simple thing like this get me stuck... So I come here to call for help :(
Anyone have a clue of what's missing?

Best regards, and really sorry about the dumb question

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032562#4032562

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032562