[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Strange behaviour running with MySQL in JBoss server

ghinwa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 29 15:39:37 EDT 2007

I have been trying to use jBPM inside the App server, using MySQL. inside my jar file, in hibernate.cfg.xml I have the following:

  |     <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>
  |     <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
  |     <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jbpmdb</property>
  |     <property name="hibernate.connection.username">sa</property>
  |     <property name="hibernate.connection.password">sa</property>

and in the session bean method I create the JbpmContext, perform some process definition deployment, and then close the context. Everything seems to work well and the process definition gets stored in the db.
However, when I try to specify the db connection as a data source, i.e. change the config in hibernate.cfg.xml to the following instead:

  |     <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>
  |     <property name="hibernate.connection.datasource">java:/JbpmDS</property>

and create a datasource definition in the deploy dir containing:

  |    <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>JbpmDS</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jbpmdb</connection-url>
  |     <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |     <user-name>sa</user-name>
  |     <password>sa</password>
  |     <exception-sorter-class-name>
  |          org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter
  |     </exception-sorter-class-name>
  |     <metadata>
  |       <type-mapping>MySQL</type-mapping>
  |     </metadata>
  |    </local-tx-datasource>

and I run the same code, I notice that the process data in the jbpm_processdefinition table contains NULL in the STARTSTATE_ field (but the remaining fields for process name, version, etc. are populated properly).... Any subsequent attempt to instantiate a process based on this definition fails (due to the null in the foreign key I suppose)

I have tried adding to hibernate.cfg.xml the following:

  |     <property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class">org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory</property>
  |     <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class">org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup</property>
  |     <property name="jta.UserTransaction">/UserTransaction</property>

with the side effect of not having to close() jbpm context... however the erroneous behaviour above persisted...

Any insight into this would be appreciated. I am new to jBPM, have read the tutorial and searched TFF :) however may have missed something obvious....

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032917#4032917

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032917