[jboss-user] [Remoting] - MasterServerSocket with VirtualServerSocket

lukaszm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 30 11:31:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with use of multiplexing sockets API. I have an application which consists of many clients connected server to a server by TCP. The application uses a third-party library which creates far too many TCP connections. I can't change the library, but I can change socket factories which are used by the library.

My idea is to have one physical Socket and many VirtualSockets on the client side, and VirtualServerSocket somehow bound to MasterServerSocket on the server side. I don't need any VirtualSockets from server connecting to VirtualServerSockets on the client side. I tried to adapt Symmetric Scenario for my needs but I don't understand two things.

- Do I have to create VirtualServerSocket on the client side although I don't need any "callbacks", i.e. VirtualSockets on the server connecting explicitly to clients?
- How to allow multiple physical clients to connect to one MasterServerSocket?
MasterServerSocket has the acceptServerSocketConnection() method. But it returns only server port, so how could I create newly created VirtualServerSocket with the concrete client bound. Or is it possible to have one VirtualServerSocket accepting connections from many physical connections?

Thanks in advance
Lukasz

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033240#4033240

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033240