[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: The JSF library situation in JBoss explained (it's calle

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 1 09:08:39 EDT 2007

This has been committed to 4.2 and 5.0.  It doesn't look at the web.xml version.  It should be legal to run a 2.4 web.xml with the built-in JSF impl.  It would go against the JEE5 spec if we required a JSF impl in the war for that.

Instructions for using this new feature are at the bottom of this wiki:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBoss5AndMyFaces

This feature is "community only" and not "officially supported".  To explain that, if you are a JBoss/Red Hat support customer we will only support the built-in version of JSF.  We always do our best to help our support customers even when they use non-standard libraries.  But we can't give any sort of guarantee when a customer uses their own JSF implementation.

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042071#4042071

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042071