[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Nested conversations and transaction management

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 1 22:57:14 EDT 2007

OK, I really have no idea what you are doing, your code does not match your description. Stop using stuff like nested conversations until you have the basics working.

anonymous wrote :
  | a) Is the database transaction started when the conversation starts, committed when the conversation is ended (@End) and rolled back if the conversation is rolled back (@Rollback) ?
  | This should be true, since if I call a.cancel() from the A page, the database is not changed

No, this is not true. Read my first two replies: if you use TransactionalSeamPhaseListener your conversation demarcation does not influence transactions in any way. It does not matter that there is a long-running conversation. A JSF requests is wrapped in a system transaction (in two transactions, in fact). @Rollback does a rollback of the transaction, again, not related to conversations.

anonymous wrote :
  | b) When a nested conversation is started, the database transaction is nested ?
  | If not so (a new database transaction is started) when the nested transaction is closed, the database transaction is committed and there is no way to have changes undone

There are no nested transactions in Java EE.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042275#4042275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042275