[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: how to deal with unicode

centecbertl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 2 05:00:51 EDT 2007

Actually I think this is a JBossWS (installer) bug ?

The WSDL and Soap headers default to UTF-8, but the characters sent are in the machines java default encoding!

I did a "hot fix" to add the system property

  |   "file.encoding=UTF-8"

to the jvm running JBossWS, thus changing the default file !? encoding
of the complete jboss installation. Afterwards UTF-8 handling worked
as expected (before that jbossws 1.2 used the default file encoding of
the installation (was iso latin 1 on my machine)

Has anyone found the correct way to configure the file encoding of
jbossws 1.2?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042332#4042332

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042332