[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How do I utilize the DynaRenderer in portal2.6?

FredF do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 2 05:42:42 EDT 2007

Where do I set  theme.dyna.dnd_enabled to true? Why will the window positions not be stored in db?

I have been thinking about a solution for a while and would like discuss my ideas with someone.

I intend to write my own taghandler for regions that takes a parameter containsdraggable [true/false]. That means I can toggle drag and drop on the layout. This will give me the use:

This true/false value I would set based on the request. Of course I need to create the layout with a servlet instead of a pure jsp file because I need to base the value in containsDraggable dynamically.

I recieve the containsDraggable value in the regiontaghandler and when I render the region in the line

renderContext.render(rrc); (se RegionTagHandler.java)

I someway provide the drag and drop value from the inparamter instead of
DynaRenderOptions options = (DynaRenderOptions)rendererContext.getAttribute(DynaConstants.RENDER_OPTIONS);
  | options.isDnDEnabled().

This would finally entail the rendering of

  | markup.print("<div class=\"dyna-region\" id=\"");
  | markup.print(rrc.getId());
  | markup.print("\">");

right? And as soon as that each region has this html around it I will be draggable and position stored to db? I will not be using the user and roles definition that the portal offers but only decide draggable true/false based on my own metadata in an own database.

Maybe this post is more of a portal developer kind. It would be nice if someone with experience from the inners of the portal to support me in some way.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042347#4042347

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042347