[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Embeded EJB 3.0 and Integration with Legacy Struts

jeffrichley1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 2 08:27:10 EDT 2007

Hopefully this will not be a crazy thing to be asking, but I have an odd situation.  There are actually two questions here:

1.  We are running Sun's app server v8.2 which does not support EJB 3.0.  The system admins are planning on going to 9.2 which does support it, but it is not slated to be done until the end of the year.  The question is, is it possible to use JBoss' embeddable EJB 3.0 container inside of another app server and have Seam use the lookup for the embedded container?

2.  We have a Struts application that is going to be slowly migrated over time into the Seam environment.  Are there any known issues that make it incredibly difficult to have the two living together?  I am sure there are a few "gotchas", I'm not really nervous about them, it is the show stoppers that I would like to know about up front.

I appreciate any help that anyone can give,

Jeff Richley

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042398#4042398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042398