[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Ending nested conversations

nstoddar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 2 12:30:19 EDT 2007

I'm confused about how to end a nested conversation.  (Technically, I have no problem ending the nested conversation -- it just doesn't want to resume the parent conversation where it left off.)

I have my pageflow definition set up with transitions to a page that has the <end-conversation> tag in it.  Unfortunately, according to the schema, page requires the "view-id" attribute, which is where the client always gets redirected.

How am I supposed to end the conversation and let the parent take over where it left.

Part 2 of my question ---- how the heck can I confirm that my conversations are correctly nested?  On the debugger page, the only conversations that have the conversation data in the "conversation context" is the non-nested conversations.  The nested ones don't have it, so I can't click to see what the parent conversation ID is.

I'm pretty sure that they're properly nested since I have nested="true" in pages.xml, and it would give me an error if it tried to create a nested conversation without an active long-running conversation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042517#4042517

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042517