[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - AOP within TestNG & EJB3 Embeddable

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 2 13:46:42 EDT 2007

What am I trying to do? I have this EJB3 application. I use TestNG together with the ejb3 embeddable to run some Unit tests on my application. The problem is that I have this JBoss Service bean that makes a HTTP call (very simple) to a web address. I also want to test this bit of code, but without the HTTP call being made. I want some elegant way to get this done.

What I want to do is to replace the HTTPClient (that makes the http call) with a Mock object. This mock object simply returns the value that I expect. I was thinking that AOP could be de the elegant solution for me. I am new to AOP so maybe I am seeing this completely wrong.

The problem is that I am having problems getting AOP to work within the Embeddable JBoss. I created a META-INF/jboss-aop.xml file and I am sure that it got loaded, because it throws exceptions if I do something wrong within the file. But as soon as the AOP should spring into action and call an Interceptor class nothing happens.

Does someone else have any expierence with AOP and EJB3 Embeddable?

Before I start posting examples, I would want to know that what I am trying is possible.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042542#4042542

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042542