[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Factors to consider for clustering an application ???

PriyaP do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 01:06:08 EDT 2007

Hi - I have a web application which has the following:
Web (Struts) + EJB 2.0 (Stateless, Stateful and Entity) + Custom DAO

What are the factors i should consider or plan before I cluster the application.

I hope we should consider these:
1. EJBs
2. Singleton classes (I am not sure how changes made in singleton classes in one server will be reflected in the other).
3. File handling: A component in one server is changing the content in one server. I dont know how it will be reflected in the other server. Should the file be stored in a common place so that all server has access to it. Or is there any way that the files will be automaticaly migrated if you place it in a special folder.

Kindly let me know if I am missing any other factors.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042706#4042706

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042706