[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: AOP within TestNG & EJB3 Embeddable

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 04:49:49 EDT 2007

I got it to work. It isn't pretty but for running unit tests it is fine.

The solution was simple: I added the -javaagent: argument to the VM Arguments list. I used a reference to the jboss-aop-jdk50.jar, but I made sure that this lib isn't within the classpath.

I didn't try this before because I thought that the Embedded EJB3 already activated this somehow. EJB3 Embedded itself uses AOP to do it's magic. But the library is probably already aspectized.

The reason why i didn't add the jboss-aop-jdk50.jar to the classpath is because the jboss-ejb3-all.jar already contains all the classes of AOP. This is off course the ugly thing of it all. I don't know which version this jboss-ejb3-all.jar contains... I still don't understand why someone ever created the jboss-ejb3-all.jar without righting down which libraries it contains :(.

Before I used the jboss-aop-jdk50.jar I tried adding the right directives to the jboss-ejb3-all.jar MANIFEST.MF file and use this lib as javaagent. But it threw Exceptions and wouldn't start the VM.

But know everything works :D

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042735#4042735

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042735