[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Buddy Replication on Weblogic

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 11:08:02 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | 1) BuddyReplication only works in case of clustered environment? So If I have individual nodes which are not part of cluster then I can't use BuddyReplication?

You don't necessarily need a "cluster" as far as WL is concerned.  They could be standalone servers.  You will need some form of load balancing and session affinity however, perhaps provided by an external load balancer (HW or SW based)

anonymous wrote :
  | 2) With the same configuration, when I dont use BuddyReplication in my cache-config, still the contents get replicated. i.e Application-1 and Application-2 were able to see the cache contents at any point of time.
  | (Applications are deployed in two different AdminServers (not a part of cluster) but on single machine). Can you please tell us if that is right and how it replicated the contents when we did not use BuddyReplication and why it is not replicating the contents when we use BuddyReplication?

WL "clustering" has no effect on JBoss Cache, even if you have 2 separate Admin Servers.

Even with BR enabled, replication still happens - it is just that state is replicated to a backup region and not a primary region.  This is why you do not see it.

anonymous wrote :
  | Is it mandatory to use sticky session for BuddyReplication to work?

If it is to be of any benefit, then yes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042858#4042858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042858