[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Is seam-gen really a good idea to learn about seam?

fperedo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 19:38:38 EDT 2007

Hi!
well a "transient POJOs to persistent POJOs to J2EE5 tutorial" would be:
-First, transient POJOs: show me what can be done in
SEAM without JPA or Hibernate. (a really simple in memory POJOs example with 1 page first, and then 2 or three) ¿this part needs the microcontainer?

-Second, persistent POJOs: evolve from the first tutorial and make some of its POJOs persistent (using just Hibernate, then show how to do it with JPA annotations) ¿this part needs the microcontainer?

-Third, full J2EE, add stuff like stateless & statefull POJOS that can only be done having a full J2EE5 stack (is there a difference between having a full J2EE5 stack and using the microcontainer?)

Currently, the documentation starts with a short example, but that doesn't make it simple, too much background is needed to understand how all the moving parts of SEAM interact to give life to that example... that is why I want a step by step example... I understand that once I am an expert in SEAM I will want to use the generator to save me from doing repetitive stuff, but, now that I am a beginner... I find it a little overwhelming... of course I can "just use it", but I am worried that after a while I find that I need to customize something "low level" and, if that happens... I am going to feel trapped in a dead end...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043041#4043041

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043041