[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - How to call a EJB method at deploy time

stefan.lang@amigon.de do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 07:11:50 EDT 2007

Is there a best-practice for the follwing case:

1. EJB should poll all 5 minutes a file (or whatever)
2. send the file to JMS (or whatever)

my solution:

1. Create Session Bean
2. Deploy Session Bean
3. Create Client that calls Session bean with Method START_FIRST_TIME()
4. Session Bean registers Timer
5. Timer calls session bean DO_THE_WORK() all 5 minutes

>From now on it works fine independent as long as Jboss is running (because timers are persistent and survives shutdowns)

So I need step 2 and 3 one ONE time. That is ugly.

Any better suggestion (as long as we keep in EJB Standard)?
Any Mbean service available that can do this by configuration ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043135#4043135

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043135